Library operation, services and safety measures (upd. 23 Feb)
The yellow level of the university traffic-light system applies to the library as well.
- The library is open only for borrowing and returning books at the circulation desk. Please do not stay on campus or in the library longer than you need.
- The study rooms are closed. It's not possible to use computers and printers.
- The general public and alumni are prohibited from entering MU buildings.
- You can find information on alternative ways of returning books at the end of this post.
Visiting the library
- Please disinfect your hands upon arrival.
- Wear mouth and nose protection (FFP2 / KN 95 respirator or two medical face masks).
- Maintain social distancing of two metres.
- Please order books for borrowing already at home. Come to the library only after you receive an email asking you to pick the ordered books up.
- You can order a book through the MU catalogue at katalog.muni.cz just as you would book a document (see ordering instructions).
- Make sure it has the word Monthly or Semestral in the Status row. Select only books from collections KUK - free access or KUK - Reserved Collection (Reserved Collection is available only to students in English study programmes at the Faculty of Medicine). Then click on "Place a Hold".
- UCL will process your request and send you an email when the books are ready.
- If you fail to collect your books within seven calendar days, we will cancel your order and put it back into circulation.
Returning books - without visiting UCL
- You can return your loans by mail to address Knihovna univerzitního kampusu MU, Kamenice 5, 625 00 Brno.
- You can also deposit your loans into a box for returning books at the main entrance to the campus (building B22). The box is located inside, by the stairs to the right of the entrance. The opening hours of the building are on workdays from 5 am to 10 pm.
- All users of our library can use both alternative ways of book returning.
- E-loans is a service available in the library catalogue. It contains scanned books from MU libraries. You can study these books online.
- We offer scanning books to e-loans collection during the closure of library's study rooms.
- You will find details about e-loans and manual how to request scanning a book here.
- Unfortunately, we can't lend journals or scan them into e-loans.
- However, we allow an in-house loan. You can have a look at ordered journals at the circulation desk. You can also take picture of needed articles with your phone.
- You can order specific journal issues for an in-house loan at katalog.muni.cz similarly as books.
Thank you for following the safety measures.