About the library
The University Campus Library (KUK) was established on March 1, 2007 and provides services to the faculties of pharmacy, medicine, science (chemistry, biochemistry and biology departements only), sports studies and the Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC).
The library manages 270,000 volumes, about half of which are located in sub-libraries. The area of the library is 3000 m2 with more than 560 study places (of which 120 with computer technology).
In 2011, the library received the INFORUM 2011 Award for the electronic publication Methodology of Bibliographic Citation and a diploma on the inclusion of the library among the "TOP 5" libraries in the field of performance and development of university libraries in Central European benchmarking. In the same year, Mgr. Zdeňka Dohnálková, the first head of KUK, became the holder of the Zdeněk Václav Tobolka Honorary Medal for significant contribution to the development of Czech librarianship.
- Loan services
- On-site and off-site loans for registered users. Document booking and prolongation is possible via the electronic catalogue.
- Interlibrary loan services
- delivery of outsider-library documents.
- Reference and search services
- bibliographic research, finding a science citation index, journals impact factor
- Reprography services
- BW or colour copy and printing, free of charge scan facility
- Electronic information resources
- free access to 80 specialized databases and 1500 e-periodics
- Teaching and education
- Information Literacy for student of Medicine, Biology and Chemistry
- purchasing of new books and journals